| Iraq Bomb Attack Led Soldier to Pursue Medical Career "I was the only one in the platoon that had the skills and abilities to help," he recalled. "I entered a bombed out building and treated and moved two patients that were on the roof… I was able to use the training I had and help them both. That's when I knew I wanted to do more in the medical field." | | Future of Nursing: Telehealth, More Innovation and Maybe Some Robots The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has fast-tracked many changes to the Military Health System and forced all providers – especially nurses – to innovate at near-quantum speed with agility and flexibility. | Military Nursing Career Path Offers Many Opportunities to Learn and Serve Air Force Col. Dianne Stroble recalls her original plans to serve in the reserve component. But after talking to a recruiter, she decided to accept a commission and enter the active duty force when she was 33 and married with three children. | | | Here's some news around the MHS you might have missed: Air Force Capt. Courtney Ebeling always knew that she wanted to eventually follow in her parents' footsteps and join the military. Soon after she completed nursing school and got married in her hometown of Rapid City, South Dakota, she began the process to become a commissioned officer in the Air Force while working as a civilian nurse. | | | Military nurses are unique. They follow a calling and passion to care for others while operating in increasingly complex, demanding and rapidly changing environments around the world. | | | Nurses from across the Military Health System tell us what nursing means to them. | | A New Way to Meet with Your Military Health Care Team You and your family can conveniently get care in a new and easy way. All active duty service members, retirees, and families enrolled in a military hospital or clinic can now use MHS Video Connect - the Military Health System's web-based telehealth solution to access care. | | | |
No comments:
Post a Comment